Sunday, May 29, 2011

Factory Girl



Factory Girl is one of my favorite films because it has everything I love, the Swinging Sixties, New York City, pop art, socialites, and the one and only Andy Warhol. I absolutely love how the Sixties is portrayed in this film, it is so sexy, mod, and ultra chic, still very glam even though showing the downfall of drugs and alcohol. Andy Warhol's Factory was filled with art, films, drugs, sex, and expectations.

This film is mostly about Edie Sedgwick's rise and downfall during her time at the Factory. Everyone at the Factory expected so much from her, especially Andy. The movie reflects the jealousy and rivalry between Andy and Bob Dylan. They were both in love with her, but they pressured her to choose between them, the artsy cool kids, or the music entourage. Poor little rich girl.
The artsy cool kids

I always say that I was born during the 1940s and lived my youth during the Swinging Sixties, so I get very excited when I see any Sixties inspired films, I feel like I'm relieving my past. The wardrobe in Factory was incredible, I loved Edie's clothes, hair, eye makeup, short hair, big earrings, leopard coat, everything was just mod and chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment